Wyoming Office of Tourism Industry Partnershomepage

Film Permitting & Regulations

Insurance Regulations

Home » Film Wyoming » Permitting Information » Insurance Regulations

Film Wyoming Permitting & Regulations – Insurance Regulations

Liability Insurance

The State of Wyoming requires all production companies working in Wyoming to purchase general liability insurance naming the State of Wyoming and its employees as additional insured with the production company. The minimum insurance required is $1,000,000. More may be required for more complex shoots.

Worker’s Compensation

When shooting a project in Wyoming, production companies may use their own insurance carrier covering non-resident employees working on the project. But Wyoming Worker’s Compensation must be purchased for all Wyoming residents hired to work for the company. This coverage is available from nearly every insurance carrier in Wyoming.

Production companies are required to purchase additional worker’s compensation insurance covering Wyoming residents filling occupations defined as “extra-hazardous” by Wyoming law. Contact the following office for a complete list of these extra-hazardous occupations and for more information:

Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
Worker’s Compensation Division
Cheyenne Business Center, South Entrance
1510 E. Pershing Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone – (307) 777-7441
Fax – (307) 777-6552

Unemployment Insurance

Production companies that shoot in Wyoming are considered Wyoming employers regardless of the duration of the shoot. Before shooting, the company should notify the Department of Employment, Employment Resources Division, and report the estimated time production will take place within Wyoming. Employers will be assigned a tax rate based on an industry average. Contact the following office for more information:

Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
Unemployment Resources Division
P.O. Box 2760
Casper, WY 82620-2760
Phone – (307) 235-3217
Fax – (307) 235-3278

Additional Resources