Wyoming Office of Tourism
Last Updated: February 25, 2020 Last Reviewed: April 11, 2023
By accessing, browsing or viewing the TravelWyoming.com site (the “Site”), you accept, without limit or qualification, all Site policies, terms and conditions provided herein and as may change from time-to-time without notice to you. Any usage of the Site by you acknowledges full and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions. As a condition of your use of this website, you warrant to the Wyoming Office of Tourism that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Privacy: Personal Information Collected and Use of Such Information
TravelWyoming.com is committed to honoring the privacy of its site visitors. We will not sell, release or rent any personal information gathered during your visit without your explicit permission.
The state does not collect personally identifiable information unless you choose to volunteer the information. Personally identifiable information means any information collected that could serve to identify you as an individual, such as:
- First and Last Name
- Physical or Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Pages that users access or visit
- Or any combination of personal information that could be used to determine identity
The information collected is used for internal review and may be used to improve the overall content of the Site, to customize the content and/or layout of the Site for each individual user, to notify users about updates to the Site and/or other Site related communications, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertisements.
The State of Wyoming does not collect information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for such information. The information requested and supplied by you through the web, is the same information requested if performed over the telephone, by mail, or in person. When you provide your name, address, email address and other personal information, we use the information to provide the requested publications. If and only if you do explicitly grant us permission, we do sometimes release non-financial information to Wyoming travel-related businesses. If you do not grant such permission, then your information will not be shared with any third-party organizations.
We know that people dream of coming to Wyoming for years, so to help our visitors plan we keep data on file for up to two years based on the most recent interaction or request of us. People who engage with us can request a portable copy of the data collected by the Wyoming Office of Tourism in a common format. Users may also request to have their data erased by submitting a formal request here.
Information Voluntarily Submitted by Site Users
If you send any communications or materials to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any comments, data, questions, suggestions or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non- proprietary. Thus you give up claim that any use of such material violates any of your rights including moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary or other property rights, publicity rights, rights to credit for material or ideas, or any other right, including the right to approve the way the Wyoming Office of Tourism uses such material.
Any material submitted to this Site may be adapted, broadcast, changed, copied, disclosed, licensed, performed, posted, published, sold and transmitted by the Wyoming Office of Tourism anywhere in the world, in any medium, forever.
The Wyoming Office of Tourism is free to use, without compensation to you, any concepts, ideas, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
However, you agree and understand that the Wyoming Office of Tourism is not obligated to use any such ideas or materials and you have no right to compel such use.
Copyrights, Intellectual Property, Limited Permissions
The Wyoming Office of Tourism encourages the lawful use of its site content. The text, images, and data on the Site are protected by copyright and may be subject to other restrictions as well. The Wyoming Office of Tourism and relevant third-parties retain all rights, including copyright, in data, images, audio and video clips, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Users may download and use Materials subject to these Terms and Conditions, and subject to any additional terms or restrictions applicable to the individual file or program, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials are retained.
The Materials are made available for use without permission only for limited non-commercial personal or educational use, for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws, and for the specific use of the media and non- commercial/commercial providers of travel, tourism, leisure, arts, cultural and related information who, by their use of such content, promote the State of Wyoming as a travel destination and further the mission and goals of the Wyoming Office of Tourism. All users must cite the author/artist and source of this Material as they would material from any printed or other work, and the citation MUST include the URL “www.travelwyoming.com” in addition to all copyright and other proprietary notices included in the Materials. Non- commercial/commercial providers of travel, tourism, leisure, arts, culture and related information who choose to use such Materials must additionally notify the Wyoming Office of Tourism of such usage by contacting us and briefly detailing where, how, when and for what purpose the Materials are planned to be used. In granting this limited permission, however, note that the Wyoming Office of Tourism does not warrant or represent that use of Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third-parties not owned by or affiliated with the Wyoming Office of Tourism. Copyright and other proprietary rights in the Materials may be held by individuals and/or entities other than the Wyoming Office of Tourism.
The Wyoming Office of Tourism expressly prohibits the use, copying, display, publication, distribution, transmission, modification, reposting or exploitation for commercial purposes of any protected Materials on the Site, other than those purposes specifically described above.
While the Wyoming Office of Tourism uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in this Site, content is provided by a variety of sources, changes frequently, and the Wyoming Office of Tourism makes no representations or warranties as to its accuracy. The Wyoming Office of Tourism assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
The trademarks, online logo marks and service marks (“the Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, including TravelWyoming.com, are registered and/or unregistered Trademarks of the Wyoming Office of Tourism and/or individual Site Partners. The Trademarks of other third-parties may also be displayed on the Site. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without written permission by the specific owner of the Trademark displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, including alteration or use out of context, is strictly prohibited.
We at the State of Wyoming are especially concerned about protecting children’s privacy. We hope parents and teachers are involved in children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online. We specifically ask children to get their parents’ permission before providing any information online, at our site or any other site, and hope parents will always be involved in those decisions. Most importantly, when children do provide information through the State of Wyoming website, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer, and not to create profiles of children.
Disclaimer of Accuracy or Endorsement
Information on businesses and organizations within TravelWyoming.com is provided by those organizations, and is not endorsed by the Wyoming Office of Tourism. Users of this information are encouraged to call individual businesses to verify prices, amenities, features, dates, and all other important details before traveling. Additionally, these websites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, the Wyoming Office of Tourism has put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Electronic communications and Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send to the Site may be read or intercepted by others notwithstanding the security precautions put in place by the Wyoming Office of Tourism. Sending a message or any kind of electronic information to the Wyoming Office of Tourism does not cause the Wyoming Office of Tourism to have any special liability to you or any entity related to you. In the event the State of Wyoming and/or the Wyoming Office of Tourism should suffer a security breach we will comply with existing laws and inform the public via methods outlined in the Wyoming Office of Tourism’s crisis communication plan.
Social Media Instant Contest Official Rules
Wyoming Office of Tourism Social Media Instant Contests
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open to those participating in the Wyoming Office of Tourism official social media channels and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Wyoming Office of Tourism its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Wyoming Office of Tourism as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the promoted channel. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Wyoming Office of Tourism. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Wyoming Office of Tourism.
4. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a prize indicated in the specific contest, and will not exceed the value of $500. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Wyoming Office of Tourism. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Wyoming Office of Tourism to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by the Wyoming Office of Tourism. Winner will be notified by means of the promotional channel, and within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Wyoming Office of Tourism shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE WYOMING OFFICE OF TOURISM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Wyoming Office of Tourism, anyone acting on behalf of the Wyoming Office of Tourism, and the Wyoming Office of Tourism’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, marketing, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Wyoming Office of Tourism. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Wyoming Office of Tourism from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Wyoming Office of Tourism may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: the Wyoming Office of Tourism reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Wyoming Office of Tourism’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Wyoming Office of Tourism may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Wyoming Office of Tourism. The Wyoming Office of Tourism reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Wyoming Office of Tourism has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Wyoming Office of Tourism reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Wyoming Office of Tourism and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: This Campaign is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Wyoming, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. The State of Wyoming and its agencies assume no liability associated with the use or misuse of this information and specifically retain sovereign immunity and all defenses available to them by law. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
12. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: The Campaign hosted by the Wyoming Office of Tourism is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Department of Enterprise Technology Services: 03500-P016 Policy –
Website Online Maps and Data Disclaimer:
The State of Wyoming and its agencies make no express or implied warranties as to this map and the data it displays. Users of this information should review or consult the primary data and information sources to ascertain the reliability or usability of the information. The State of Wyoming and its agencies assume no liability associated with the use or misuse of this information and specifically retain sovereign immunity and all defenses available to them by law.